ELEVATE, help in the face of S.A.D. disorder. (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
We now know that there are as many as 43,000,000 (43 million Americans) suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). With both mild and severe cases experiencing re-occurrence in September October and the remainder of the winter.
Exercise and light therapy are very effective, in approximately 65-90% of all reported cases. Taking prescribed medications has also been proven effective. However, there are side effects, that some feel outweighs the benefits of taking those medications.
There is a growing portion of the population that are not being diagnosed and treated for this very real disorder. You may very well find yourself in this camp. Sometimes referred to as the “winter blues”, S.A.D. is depilating in its mildest form and crippling in its more severe manifestations.
Essential Oils have become a “go to” for many S.A.D. sufferers.
Recent studies have proven that certain Essential Oils are able to cross the blood-brain barrier. This is important in the fight against S.A.D disorder. One of the top performers in this arena is Bergamot.
Bergamot is a spicy scented citrus fruit that grows primarily in Italy originally from Turkey. The fruit is believed to be a derivative cross between a lemon and bitter orange. Its medicinal properties have been exploited for centuries.
Bergamot Essential Oil can be used to treat:
- Anti-Depressant: used to stimulate the sense of wellbeing in patients suffering from depression
- Psoriasis: Plaques of red skin, often covered with loose, silver-colored scales; these lesions may be itchy and painful.
- Insecticides: often used as an insecticide to protect the body against lice and other parasites.
- Tumors: caused by a fungal infection (mycosis fungoides) and for pigment loss (vitiligo)
Secondly on our lists of essential oils to combat S.A.D. is Sweet Orange. Interestingly, this essential oil helps to stimulate the senses like the very warm climates that it is grown in.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil can treat:
- Anti-Depressant: Sweet Orange has a natural anti-depressant built into the oil. Creating a feeling of wellbeing to both mind and heart.
- Negativity: Decreases feelings of negativity and increases the feelings of joy. Have you ever an angry person eating an orange?
- Anti-fungal: Sweet orange is known to have anti-fungal properties that help purify the skin.
Lastly, but not to be recognized as any less potent, is Lemon Essential oil. Lemons and citrus fruits, in general, all have chemicals that aid in the production of wellbeing. It is fascinating that fruits are grown in a sunny and warm climate also render those feelings of warmth and sunny days. Our bodies and minds recognize the need for more sunshine and warmth.
Lemon Essential Oil can be used for:
- Anti-Depression: Again as with the other Citrus essential oils we use, lemons are a fantastic purifying effect on the body. Helping flush away unwanted toxins in the blood and liver.
- Weight Loss: it is known that lemon essential oil may have the ability to break down fatty tissue.
- Tumors: Maybe the indirect cause of tumor reduction in many patients using the Lemon Oil.
- Anti-Microbial: Lemon is considered to be a powerful anti-microbial, an anti-fungal agent in treating skin disorders.
Very specific formulation.
For this very specific purpose of combating S.A.D. and depression, we have formulated ELEVATE.
Elevate, is a compound mixture of these 3 Essential oils with Aloe Vera gel and DMSO. Creating a highly effective topical gel that can help to elevate one's mood.
Instead of combining the Essential oils of Bergamot, Sweet Orange and lemon into one product, we added the oils to their own individual product. They can be used separated or together in harmony.
Elevate is 3 distinct products being offered under one umbrella. Allowing users to choose what gel/oil mixture to use for any given day or what combination works best for you at any specific time.
Why do we use DMSO?
DMSO is used as the “delivery system” that can aid in the transferal of each essential oil in a manner that can be most effective in combating Depression. Being one of a few elements that can actually break the blood-brain barrier, DMSO effectively delivers Food Grade Essential Oils into the bloodstream.
DMSO by itself has a “calming effect” on those who choose to use it. There has never been a reported death from the use of DMSO. Aspirin in comparison is 7 times as toxic as DMSO. Making DMSO a very potent and relatively safe delivery system. Not to mention the pain relief properties that it contains.
The Aloe Vera gel we use in our compounds come from Arizona and has no binders or polymers and is USDA certified organic.
In combination, the 3 essential oils we use, Lemon, Sweet Orange, and Bergamot, are a formulation that can be a very potent aid in combating S.A.D. and depression. “Elevate” can be a great addition to exercise and therapy to help “beat the blues”.
If you just need that little extra to put a smile on your face, give Elevate a try. Elevate may be used to help salvage a dreary day.